If You're interested - Viers 375VM2

• Thread starter Deleted member 71114
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 71114

I'm changing to a 375 based off of a 50 BMG case here in a few weeks.

If you ever wanted to have and run one of the - 375 Viersco Magnums check out the reloading and components for sale section - everything from a reamer, go gauge, neck bushing full length sizer and micrometer seater with very good brass.

A nice package for someone

Cheers

I'm changing to a 375 based off of a 50 BMG case here in a few weeks.

If you ever wanted to have and run one of the - 375 Viersco Magnums check out the reloading and components for sale section - everything from a reamer, go gauge, neck bushing full length sizer and micrometer seater with very good brass.

A nice package for someone

Cheers
Did you ever build or have Dave Viers build one and why the change to 375 on 50 BMG. I m interested in your reasoning since Dave was going to build me a 416 on the VM.

From the testing done so far we will be running 500 fps faster then the 375VM2 with the same bullet and with less pressure and a smooth running action. All things necessary for function and longevity when needing to be super sonic yet around 3500 yards.

Viers built the 375VM2 for me

The 375-50BMG obviously never went anywhere, as I have never heard of anyone once using it for any competitive shooting. The reasons seem almost obvious to me.

So, to reload for such a cartridge just what kinds of powders could be used?

wouldn't even it be much too fast for the difference in expansion ratio, going all the way down to .375? If BMG powder is the slowest cannister powder.

The case has been shorten some as well, time will tell but I am very confident- Warner 375

So are you building a Warner 375 with the Warner co in NE? What round will you be using? On my two 375s they lost accuracy at higher velocities above 3270 so I wonder what you expect or have found with BMG version?

Warner Tool Co. from Swanzey, NH

What rounds?
As we used in the past with the Snipetac and VM2 with great results- Solids - Flat Line 361 gr.
Or possibly the New Flat Line 400 grain.

The Warner 375 is a shortened and modified shoulder off of the 50 BMG, we are very confident in the fact it will exceed what we could get out of the Snipetac or VM2 and with less pressure issues that affect accuracy, function and brass life. In March we will be able to do some RnD again past 2000 yards and at that time we should be able to see where everything settles out at.

Osoh

Thanks. They made a Snipetac die set for me. I ll follownyoirnexperience with interst.

What rounds?
As we used in the past with the Snipetac and VM2 with great results- Solids - Flat Line 361 gr.
Or possibly the New Flat Line 400 grain.

The Warner 375 is a shortened and modified shoulder off of the 50 BMG, we are very confident in the fact it will exceed what we could get out of the Snipetac or VM2 and with less pressure issues that affect accuracy, function and brass life. In March we will be able to do some RnD again past 2000 yards and at that time we should be able to see where everything settles out at.

Osoh

The Warner 375 is a shortened and modified shoulder off of the 50 BMG,

Osoh

Now that good quality (Ruag/RWS) brass is available for the .416 Barrett, how does the 375 Warner compare to a .375/.416 Barrett (not shortened, a simple neck down with a more aggressive shoulder angle) - in terms of case capacity?"

Now that good quality (Ruag/RWS) brass is available for the .416 Barrett, how does the 375 Warner compare to a .375/.416 Barrett (not shortened, a simple neck down with a more aggressive shoulder angle) - in terms of case capacity?"

Yes there are more options today surfacing as far as good brass and better bullets for the 416s as well as helping the whole process for those wanting to run the 375s

Just keep in mind the original intent of this thread was to offer someone a opportunity to mess around with the Viersco 375VM2 from Dave Viers because the dies, brass and reamer would just be sitting on my shelf. I hope here in March 2018 when getting back from my travels to be able to work with the new rifle Warner has been working on. I am very confident as stated where it will exceed what our 375 Snipetac and 375VM2 have done in preformance wise and that is our goal.

I could be wrong but I think this is very close to being correct
Water capacity
416. Barrett - 215
375 Warner - 236

Cheers
Osoh

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.