If you haven't seen this yet, look closely!

Re: If you haven\'t seen this yet, look closely!

It's just so frustrating!!! It seems like our leaders and law makers or whatever they call them get more stupid by the minute. Common sense just doesn't exist anymore!!!

Re: If you haven\'t seen this yet, look closely!

My comment:

Classifying primers, black powder, smokeless powder and ammunition as below:
Prohibit possession of firearms in commercial "facilities containing explosives"—an obvious problem for your local gun store.
Require evacuation of all "facilities containing explosives"—even your local Wal-Mart—during any electrical storm.
Prohibit smoking within 50 feet of "facilities containing explosives."

would have a dramatic effect on the storage and transportation of ammunition and handloading components such as primers or black and smokeless powder. The proposed rule indiscriminately treats ammunition, powder and primers as "explosives."

If you treat these as "explosives" please also classify my vehicle (explosion in each of the cylinders several hundred/thousand times a second) because it carries gasoline in a large tank. Also make sure you apply these rules to every vehicle, storage tank and facility that uses, stores or dispenses gasoline as well.

Like gasoline, ammunition and powder use a controlled burn to propel a projectile just as my car engine burns gasoline to propel the piston. BTW far more people die in automobile accidents than are shot by my hunting rifle every year...consider a ban on driving...I see far more automobile fires from accidents or electrical mishaps in the vehicle than I've ever heard about ammunition burning in a electrical storms or facility fires.

Very Sincerely,

Matthew D. Roth

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.