Idaho ,Boise ,Twin Falls ,Pocatello- guys ?'s for you .

ol mike

Idaho ,Boise ,Twin Falls ,Pocatello- guys ?\'s for you .

Howdy ,

I'd like to get some regional info. from you guys in the Boise/Nampa area.
I've been planning a ground squirrel -slash- exploration trip there for mid-may.
I'd like to get some info. on weather-construction economy -stuff like that.
I know alot of people are moving there.A web-site 'city-data' for gathering this type of info their mentality is "i found a nice place EVERYBODY please come here and ruin it".That's why i say i'd like to use PM's -not b/c i don't want board members to see but google finds anything if you go far enough down the list.
So if you're from there or nearby or just know alot about the area let me know please.Thanks alot -Mike

Re: Idaho ,Boise ,Twin Falls ,Pocatello- guys ?\'s for you .

I know they have chucks down there but not sure on how many squirles they have. Are the chucks coming out down there yet? I saw some in Lewiston just wondering about down south.

I read my own post and almost confused myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif .

I'd like to know about the amount of construction work and the general ecomomy around the bigger towns/cities in southern idaho.
My plan has been to move out west and many places in colorado [colo springs -denver] are just too big for me.
I'd like to live so far out in the country/wilderness they have to pump in daylight -but can't figure out a way to make enough to buy fancy rifles and scopes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.
Unfortunately a growing area is where i have to be and there have to be people wanting a home built or remodeled.
So i want to kill two birds w/one stone when i go to southern idaho in may -kill some varmints look around for a place to live-etc..
So anything you can tell me -an opinion or observation would be of interest to me.
I just want to live somewhere w/a little elbow room to do some hunting/fishing and riding but unfortunately have to live near a growing population of people.
Thanks for any help -Mike

Screech ,

I was root'n around on google earth and saw you there in west central riggins ,idaho -nice truck !!

Just kidding of coarse but i did zoom in -kind of barren/open in your neck of the woods isn't it.
Is it hot up your way by the middle of may ?

Mike,

I sent you a pm w/some info.

Things in the construction area are booming. Driggs is expanding so fast that it is unbelievable. So is Idaho Falls, Pokey and the general area.

If you want a construction job, and an are willing to work your touche off you could start tomorrow.l Plenty of houses, offices etc to frame and finish.

If you are really good, year around work is avaialble. Most construction Companies lay off the lower end folks over the winter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I can give you a contact to call to get the straight skinny.

I grew up in SE Idaho but have lived in Nampa for the past 10 years. This place is growing so fast it's not even funny. The housing market had a large boom and has tapered off but still strong. We've got ground squirrels or whistle pigs(funny name I know) about 15 minutes from here that are fun to go after. Hunting and fishing close with lots of opportunities. If you need more specifics on the area, send me an e-mail.

Rolling out bright and early -Meridian ,Idaho will be my new home !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif -> dream come true.

Go down to the DMV and change your drivers license ASAP - that way you will be able to get a resident hunting license just in time for deer season.

Oh, yeah - welcome to Idaho!

Welcome to Meridian. When you get settled in get in touch and we can get you lined out real quick on where stuff is and where it ain't. And maybe we can get some good shootin' in.

[email protected]

Made it here ! wow what a journey ! odometer mileage 2620 miles.
Wyoming /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif There was a head wind so strong my truck wouldn't go into overdrive and it's 5.4 triton 260hp v-8.
Sure was a lot of beautiful seenery along the way.

Well thanks to everyone for the help -i look forward to meeting you idaho guys.
I'm on a shared computer at the office where i live -when i get my computer going i'll be talking to you'all more.

Met a guy who lives here at the same place i do and i went w/him and another guy and shot some diggers last saturday out by firebird raceway.
Killed about 20 myself w/a 221 fireball and 22mag.
Well over and out for now.Mike

Welcome to the "hood".

Get out and do some site seeing. Just go any direction out of town.

In agricultural areas chucks are about nil. Too many chemicals.

There are patches of potguts/diggers/ground squirrels or whatever they are called where you can find them.

Isn't WY sweet! Driving East you get way better gas mileage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

At least in ID the wind slows down once in a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

sorry, yes it is barren in riggins but drive 10 minutes or maybe only five and you are in the trees. I live on Race creek and can see trees from my house along with some monster mulies. I dont know if you can put in for a controll hunt but if you can and like chasing mulies 18, 14, 13 and 11 all have some dandies.

If you have time next winter go up to New Meadows and ask a few ranchers if you can shoot coyotes. Most will let you but some wont. Osborns Normally will as long as you dont act like a ******.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.