Ian M.......

Grouper,
I am interested to know what the picture is about. Have not seen a recent issue of that magazine. Just not sure since I have been on a couple of shoots with the editor. We did a coyote hunt in south Texas and a recent prairie dog shoot in Montana, plus I believe we shot at a writer thing at the SHOT show in Jan.

Hope your long shooting is going well.
ian

I didn't have time to read the whole article over lunch today, but I believe it was something about getting sighted in for the Texas coyote hunt. I just saw the pictures and read the captions and knew it had to be our own Ian M. There was another well-known writer shooting to your right but darnded if I can remember who it was!

I left the magazine at work tonight so I can't give you any more details until tomorrow. I'll post more about it then, that is if someone doesn't beat me to it!

Jim,
That was a fine time down in San Antonio. I believe we shot about 23 coyotes and three bobcats during the two days of hunting. Those Burnham Bros. calls were interesting, I had seen them being used previously. They worked perfectly, the closest I had a yote was eleven steps, closest that I shot a yote was twenty steps.
We all shot the .223 WSSM's during the hunt. We also shot a lot prior to the hunt. On the range we shot two rifles with over one thousand rounds through their barrels, my best group went well under one half inch with Win. factory loads.
I hunted with a brand new M-70 Coyote with a Nikon Monarch Gold scope on it, was a deadly rig.
I will try to track down a copy of that mag, thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.