I would like to know how goodor bad a tract Toric scope is

That's odd, I checked their web site and they have a hermetic packaging business (electronics) and a medical business in Japan, no mention of a glass foundry.

They do have a foundry in china and another in India but the India plant seems to be making tubes for medical use.

That's odd, I checked their web site and they have a hermetic packaging business (electronics) and a medical business in Japan, no mention of a glass foundry.

They do have a foundry in china and another in India but the India plant seems to be making tubes for medical use.
Well live chat with John at Tract, he has told me twice their Schott Glass is from Japan. Maybe I did not pin him down exactly enough.

The Toric scopes are definitely made in Japan, I bet that is what he meant.

Maybe Tract didn't ask LOW where their Schott glass comes from?

I have two scopes with Schott glass, the first was a Minox and if Schott had Asian manufacturing back then, I didn't know about it. My second was the Tract Toric 30mm and it was then, when i was looking in to it, that i read about Schott's Chinese glass. It's probably not as good as European because Schott doesn't want to give China all of their IP but the reviews of the Toric 30mm said it was on par with some of the best Japanese glass and the price was right.

I like it but the glass is most likely from China.

Sure mine comparison may not be exactly apples to apples. I have exactly one Maven Rifle scope RS1 and a set of their 12x56 Maven B4s. I have shot behind Toric UDH 4x20 and went head to head with the RS3 and RS1 While both are good I did prefer the glass in the Mavens..the color was richer to my eye and the finish on the scope was better. The turret was a bit better on the Toric but it was a pig of a scope in its dimensions. I am more of a hunter and less shooter so I prefer the more trim Maven overall for its compact size and weight. On the binos I will say the glass is the same my mavens have a bit better fit and finish to my taste-but both are clear and sharp-- the Toric are good dont get me wrong--and the tract probably edge them out due to price as they were 400 dollars cheaper than the B4s. That is the comparison I can give.

The Toric scopes are definitely made in Japan, I bet that is what he meant.

Maybe Tract didn't ask LOW where their Schott glass comes from?

I have two scopes with Schott glass, the first was a Minox and if Schott had Asian manufacturing back then, I didn't know about it. My second was the Tract Toric 30mm and it was then, when i was looking in to it, that i read about Schott's Chinese glass. It's probably not as good as European because Schott doesn't want to give China all of their IP but the reviews of the Toric 30mm said it was on par with some of the best Japanese glass and the price was right.

I like it but the glass is most likely from China.
I asked twice "where is your Scott Glass made?". I was told Japan.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.