I won a Texas Drawn hunt this year

Mrvmax

I always enter the Texas Drawn hunts, I have not gotten picked the last few years but in the past I got picked for a private lands guided deer hunt. I got a 6 point and a doe on that hunt.

This year I got picked for a private land spike and anterless hunt at the Barton Creek Habitat Preserve near Austin. It's a management hunt but at least I got picked for something this year. The next deadline is Friday and there are a lot more hunts I put in for so maybe I will get picked for more deer hunts. I do not have a hunting lease so my only chance to hunt is on these drawn hunts. At least I know I am hunting this year.

Nice! My kids have been drawn on a couple of youth hunts and we had really good experiences. My daughter killed her first buck, a spike, on a spike/doe youth hunt at Nanny Stringfellow WMA. She also shot a hog and a doe on that hunt.

Nice! My kids have been drawn on a couple of youth hunts and we had really good experiences. My daughter killed her first buck, a spike, on a spike/doe youth hunt at Nanny Stringfellow WMA. She also shot a hog and a doe on that hunt.
I hunt Nannie almost every year for feral hogs. It's only an hour away. Justin Hurst is close too and you can drive your vehicle within a couple hundred yards of most blinds.

Good for you. What gun you using.
Give us some more info. 😁
I've got a Weatherby Mark V Alaskan in 270 Weatherby (made in the 90's) I've never hunted with. It was NIB when I bought (actually traded) it from the original owner a few years ago. It's a bit of overkill but I can also take feral hogs if I see them. The first batch of hand loads were between half and 3/4 moa with Barnes TTSX bullets.

I always take at least two rifles so I'll take my Benelli R1 in 30-06 with a Sightmark Wraith mini thermal too. I have not shot anything with that either.

I live very near Nanny Stringfellow which is why we put in for that draw. We have done the squirrel hunt there before too when my son was young and we had a blast. They do a good job on the youth hunts.