Anyone hunting in Kansas this year?

These pictures are making me jealous. I was out the past couple of days...briefly saw one whitetail 3x3 that disappeared into some brush. Spotted a decent mule deer for my brother-in-law (his first hunt but he drew an either species tag) and was able to lead him on a stalk to within 100 yards of him but it gave him the slip before he pulled the trigger. I don't think he was fully prepared for how quickly things can happen once it's go time.

I'm finding it easier to locate mule deer than I am whitetail. Heading back out there on Thursday to give it another try.

We wrapped up our Kansas trip Saturday. GF was finally able to score on her first KS buck after four years of hard hunting. Laid in a picture perfect quartering away shot through the heart at 200 yds with her .308. Managed to take mine an hour later with my 6.5 PRC.

I'll never get tired of hunting Kansas....

Those are some awesome bucks! Congrats to all of you. I have always wanted to hunt these WTs but have never made it happen. I picked up the regs last year while there with the In laws. Looks like a magical place.

486C876F-159C-453D-9400-E2BAA6247A33.jpeg
292239BB-19D3-41C2-86AD-B2B249425928.jpeg
Finally connected on one on the last day of my hunt. Couldn't believe the size of his body!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.