I was very busy shooting reloading videos as opposed to just shooting this weekend!!!

6.5x61Super

Instead of posting all (6) six videos here,

I'll post my Youtube link.....the 6 videos will be the last uploaded

Precision Reloading Parts 1 - 6

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/ArchersParadox2020?feature=mhee[/youtube]

Re: I was very busy shooting reloading videos as opposed to just shooting this weeken

I don't think the link worked

Re: I was very busy shooting reloading videos as opposed to just shooting this weeken

What is a 6.5 X 61 Super? Sounds like you are using a Sharp & Hart variation? What is your barrel twist? Overall cartridge length? Powder volume? What bullets and powder loads have you had success with?

ArchersParadox2020's channel - YouTube

yes, I had Dave Kiff from PT&G make me a reamer..based on the 7x61S&H or Super

30" Pac-Nor S/S Match, 1:8.5 RH Twist

57.6 gr. H4831SC, 139 gr. Lapua Scenar @3,060 fps

I have 11 reloads on the same brass............

0.292" loaded round

0.294" neck chamber

24.3 MIN to 1,000 yards
6.1 MIN wind drift [10mph] at 1,000 yards

1/4 to 1/3MOA out to 1,200 yards

48,394 PSI

rI am interested in your 6.5 X 61 S & H.

I am a fan of the Lapua 123 and 107 but have never shot the 140.
Have you tried the other 140 -142 gr bullets? Is the Lapua better? I have one 6.5 WSM with an 8 twist barrel that would stabilize it. Your case capacity is similar to the WSM.

Why did you pick H4831? You are getting Creedmore velocities. That is an old single base powder with not much zoom. I shot several tens of pounds of H4831 in the .264 Winchester. It came from Hodgdon directly in a cardboard box with a plastic bag inside. It made 85 and 100 gr sierras dangerous to coyotes at as far as our scopes would allow at the time. The old single base IMR 7828 is a better match with the 140s.

Yes, I used to shoot 140 gr. Berger VLD's until they had a shortage and I switched to 139 gr. Lapuas.

I have not tried SMK's as of yet. I still have (600) of the 139 gr. Lapuas

my current load is under powered for the round, but 1/4MOA is hard to argue with!

AND, QL is showing such a low chamber pressure.

I just ran some numbers, MAX load for H4831SC is 61.5 gr.

58,484 PSI

3,167 fps

1.415 msec. barrel time

btw, water case capacity for the average of 5 cases is 81.5 gr.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.