• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

I predict that I am going to permanently BAN at least 10 more members very soon for complaining about SELLERS' PRICES.

This is me!
I got my hand slapped last week for this very reason! The bad part is, Len deleted the thread and I couldn't even go back and see what I posted….🤣
All I remember is it was something about a 6.5 CM
I have shined myself a time or 2. I should have inserted that pic as a thumbnail, not full size. I think then my name of pic would be available to see. It is dubbed 300 Whisper after a member here.

In regards to housing…
Go talk to several realtors at different realty businesses…. And several general contractors as well.
Ask them who has the money to buy the housing, and do the large addition/remodels…
The money is coming from investors/investments, and people with large amounts of cash equity in their homes (or owns their home outright)
How much has housing gone up in your neck of the woods?…

Please be honest, and report your findings.
I recently retired from the construction industry after 32 years. In Arkansas, there is indeed an up tick in investment buyers primarily from out of state. Most notably California. But the overwhelming majority of new construction homes are being bought or built by young married couples. No question about that. It's no different from the last building boom that crashed in 2007. Everyone is greedy for low interest rates and very slack loan requirements. It's the "I'll take what ever amount they'll loan loan me" model all over again. "I need a 2500 sf house but the bank will loan me the money for 3500 so sign me up." Nope this isn't generation driven. It is, as usual, greed and immediate gratification driven.

The whole 'you should have XX amount of posts to be trustworthy' is ludicrous to me. I certainly get forum rules and follow them but to use that as cornerstone to whether you trust someone is plain stupid.

It hasn't gone unnoticed that many of the grossly over-priced components posted here are listed by people who are not regular contributing members of the LRH community. Some only post here to sell items at surprisingly high prices. Some have large quantities of components which would suggest that they were purchased for the purpose of resale.

This site has traditionally been a place where like-minded folk could discuss the art of longrange hunting and the peripherals around the sport. Profiteering off of its members is something relatively new.

Last edited:
It hasn't gone unnoticed that many of the grossly over-priced components posted here are listed by people who are not regular contributing members of the LRH community. Some only post here to sell items at surprisingly high prices. Some have large quantities of components which would suggest that they were purchased for the purpose of resale.

This site has traditionally been a place where like-minded folk could discuss the art on longrange hunting and the peripherals around the sport. Profiteering off of its members is something relatively new.
Very well said! Not entirely sure about it being all that new though.

Dog Morning GIF

Last edited:
Really? For me I'm NOT sending a couple thousand dollars to someone that joined last Tuesday, and their first post is " How do I post in the classifieds?"
Really? Great, do what you want, and posting in classified has a learning curve , so now if a new guy doesn't understand how to post , he's a scammer.

Really? For me I'm NOT sending a couple thousand dollars to someone that joined last Tuesday, and their first post is " How do I post in the classifieds?"
Writing is on the wall in some instances. But I'd just as soon not point the finger at new.
I got caught up in a custom BB glove scam last fall, from an established guy-business, with stellar reviews. Lengthy story, but it seems like one morning the guy woke up and proclaimed, today is the day.

The point of @Len Backus post here is, "don't complain about prices and hijack someone's thread". That's it, real simple. I made the mistake once of doing and won't do it again. I did it once again inadvertently and removed it. If you don't like it then move on, pretty simple. How new someone is or how long they've been a member has nothing to do with this thread!

The point of @Len Backus post here is, "don't complain about prices and hijack someone's thread". That's it, real simple. I made the mistake once of doing and won't do it again. I did it once again inadvertently and removed it. If you don't like it then move on, pretty simple. How new someone is or how long they've been a member has nothing to do with this thread!

True