I am looking for the new Senderos in 264 win mag seen any?

dgr416

I called Remington and they have already made some 264 win mag Senderos.I am looking to buy two of these.They arenot making that many just two short runs.

Have your FFL dealer check Zanders Sporting Goods.
They have them listed in their new Spring/Summer catalog.
page 23

just bought a VSL in 243 WIN .asked about the Sendero they called the Diributor and they told the gun salesman they have seen 5 senderos so far and have a back order of 95 of them .just thought i would pass on the info

Is Remington dumb? A strategic shortage can occasionally be a decent marketing tactic, but it seems to me they don't understand the market potential for the Sendero (canceling it, then bringing it back in such small numbers). If they offered one in 300 WSM, I'd be on the waiting list too...

[ QUOTE ]
Is Remington dumb? A strategic shortage can occasionally be a decent marketing tactic, but it seems to me they don't understand the market potential for the Sendero (canceling it, then bringing it back in such small numbers). If they offered one in 300 WSM, I'd be on the waiting list too...

[/ QUOTE ] i have a 300wsm sendero for sale. i still think they should have come out with either a 6.5 -284 or a 6.5 rsaum.

This isn't the first time....my dealer gets a lot of special runs from most manufacturers. I bought a SS BDL syn in .264 two years ago. Dang all I need is another excuse to buy another one.

Kobra,
Is your .264 a stainless synthetic 700 BDL with a 26" bbl. and the infamous "wart"? If it is, these were made about 4 years ago for Acusport. Some internet prognosticators claim there were only several hundred of these made, but four or five months ago I talked to an Acusport salesman, and he said that he thought that Remington wouldn't make less than a thousand in a special run. Whether this has any implications for the number of .264 Senderos to be manufactured, I don't know. FWIW

I actually have quite an itch to get one of these 264 senderos. I think it would be great to buy one of these guns, but here's a rookie question. How much does that 1 in 9 barrel twist limit your reloading selections?

A guy at my local yocal gun shop had a good laugh yesterday when I asked if he could get one of these in for me. He has no idea that they're even bringing back any Sendero, let alone a 264! He actual thought I was full of you know what. I guess he gets no business from me because of his ineptitude.

While I am out working my area, I will take a break now & then & see what the local gunshops may have. In most of these, the dealer will know very little about what is going on in the gun world. This is amazing to me, if I had that attitude in what I do for a living, I would be done soon!

redbank i got the same anser from the gun shop when i asked about the sendaro he said they dont make it no more in the large calibers i told there new for 2006 and all he said was oh .. he did call and thats when he called the distributor and said they were 95 guns on back order

i did find the sendaro in 300 win mag at $789 from deez shooting sports so i think ill go that route! beat the $1149 my dealer wants

The BIG dealer (Grice Gun Shop - Clearfield PA) up the road has them in their add. You can put a $25 deposit down to get one "reserved". No promises. I put the money down for the 264. They want $900. They said that select dealers are getting them five at a time no matter what. I did get to handle a new 22-250 VLS that is the new edition that will be the same as the sendero.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.