hunting with dial up scopes question...

cervus

Question for those people that hunt with dial up turrets. Is there anything available that you can slip over your turrets for protection from damage/scrtatching when your hunting or traversing through bush or scrub???

Thanks for your replys,, not really after something to put over complete scope.

Was more looking for something that would offer protection only to the exposed turrets to stop them getting scratched or damaged.....

I have nightforce scopes and they come with a plastic/rubber turret protector that just slips on and off.

you may give them a call and they may send you a couple.

I made one out of a plastic drill bit tube (the plastic tube the larger drill bits come in). Its made out of clear plastic. I just cut the length to be just below the turret about 1/4". I cant remember the size, but Im sure you can figure it out quick with a caliper. Once on, it stays on, unless I need to adust the turret. I can see through it and it turns with the turret just fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.