Hunting My Pressured Elk

ADMIN

Administrator
It all started on Monday the 11th with my son and father. I had managed to locate at least 30 bulls in the month of September. I just needed to decide which one to shoot. My son Cody had found a spike bull that decided it was his time to die. After Cody spotted the bull, he and my dad got within 75 yards of him. With one shot of his .7MM Ultra Mag fitted with a March scope, it was over. I was thrilled that my father was with my son for his elk. This was the easiest elk I have ever got out. He was dead within 40 yards of a road. I went and got the ATV and we winched him out whole. It was great having a scope that could do it all from long range to reaching way out. The next day my adventure started. Now it was my turn.
Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Hunting My Pressured Elk, By Bryce Wells. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

What GREAT memories!! Family and friends to share in the event!
I thought it was awesome that 3 generations of your family were out enjoying the sport together, ensuring the sport will live on!!
Thanks for sharing your adventure.
What did your bull score? He looks real good!

This year in AZ we have had alot of relearning how to hunt in our own backyards because of the Wallow fire. I understand what you meant when you said you had to change things up a bit!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.