Hunting in NC

Charles A

I'm about to take a trip to Fayetteville NC for about a year and a half. Whats the hunting up there like? Mainly for deer but everything else too? Where are the best places in NC? I'm kind of going in blind this close to season and dont really know where to start.

I'm about 2 hours north of Fayetteville in Rocky Mount, and most of the hunting around here is done in clubs, unless you know someone that will let you on their land. I don't know many around Fayettville, but there are some nice looking farms around there if you can get in touch with land owners or club members and go as a guest, or join.

Unfortunately it's like Brian said, "it's who ya know". For deer you have some great places like Scotland Neck, which is near Rocky Mt. If you like to varmint hunt I see Foxes and such at Rocky Mt airport all the time. Look for properties and clubs in a publication called The agriculture review or do it online http://www.ncagr.com/paffairs/agrevst.htm

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.