Hunting has changed

,,,,,Hey guys, let's not get personal here.....Wildlife management is an issue we all struggle with.
How we go forward with it is a tough one and being silent with the managers of public lands is not an option, imo. Hunter numbers are decreasing and we need some new ideas. We need lots of dialogue......Hunting is our heritage.Bighorn Hunting is cherished. Cheers.....

If our grandkids will even be able to just enjoy public lands we have to be more cohesive as a political unit.

We can't afford the divisions of the last few decades.

The entire country is on track to turn into California.

HARPERC, Hi.
Coastal citiy folks are hit with a different hammer
We see this in Vancouver, Victoria. Everything I adore, they despise and Visa versa. I don't know how to cut and paste but look up" Over a Barrel" it is about coastal initiatives and paid protesters.
Big , old eastern money and the price of oil in Canada. They are so well funded- we had better get organized if we push back. Take care

Same here lots of outside money funding groups that could never stand alone.

Parents are in California, they've been under evacuation orders, watching the power get shut off by basically a monopoly.

All for issues that have a common sense practical solution that stands no chance of being implemented due to groups funded by money from outside the country.

Thank You! They're good, they've got power, but can see neighborhoods that don't. Evacuation lifted, but others aren't.

I am a Sheep hunter and have watched it evolve, not for the better.
I live in Bighorn country, sometimes I can glass them from home, numbers are holding but tactics have changed.
These days the biggest rams live on mine claims and in Parks. Hunters wanting a B&C class ram hunt the boundaries and every year 2 or 3 ,180" + rams are taken like this. ( 180" is minimum for Boone and Crockett) Bighorn Rams don't get the growth ordinarily in other , wilder country within this vicinity.
We have a general open season on full curl rams and the season just closed.
Jack O'connor never took a B&C bighorn as far as I know, I wonder what he would think of things now. It does get stuck in my craw. Opinions on this ?
Its all around a hobby for a lot of people. I hate watching these check off a box hunting shows. They are so not the idea of the sport I grew up with. They have competitions to harvest the most in front of a TV camera. Then they shoot one and leave it over night before they go get it only to "find" it 50 yds in. My dad would've kicked our butts for not following up immediately. An unbled deer tastes like crap by the way. I will only watch Jim Shockey and a few others. The African hunts look so canned I've sworn off ever going. Times are changing and Im turning into grandpa. I instill my values in my daughter and anyone who wants to hunt with me. Its the best we can do/hope for.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.