Hunting Guide - are you now, have you been?

Hunting Guide - Have you been, are you now?

• I used to be, probably won't again

Votes: 52 16.8%
  • I used to be, maybe again in future

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • I am now

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • I've always thought I may want to try it

Votes: 151 48.9%

• Total voters
Sendero_Man

I'm not sure about the law change. Good memories for sure, for most parts. In all those years I've been lucky and only had very few bad clients. Most of them are great people looking for a good experience.

Are you living in Buffalo Wy?

Did it for 5 years at a private hunting ranch . Deer, elk, buffalo,wild boar, and corsican rams. Met some truly awesome people,from all across the country.The ultimate compliment is when they book hunts all 5 yrs and your there guide,by request. Can be 16 hour days, guide fees plus tips made a decent income for those 6-7 months.Pig hunting in the winter is a hoot.May not do it again though .

I think this is my last year guiding. It been a great ride and I have met a bundle of great people over the years. For me it feels like it's time to get in a few good years of hunting with friends and family. I hardly hunt big game for myself anymore and now that I have turned 50 I know there is a limited number years left that I can hunt as hard as I want to.

Guided Duck and Goose hunters many seasons. Absolute, sure way to turn something you love to do into WORK!! I'm too old and fussy to live on tips now... These Big Game guides deserve your utmost respect and admiration. Good ones turn a hunt in a strange place into a lifetime memory, and they make much less than you think. Tip them well guys.

You are so right about becoming work. After guiding hunters for a few years, I figured it out and I was making less than $3.00 per hour! That was the end of that.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts