Votes: 948 48.2%
  • No

Votes: 368 18.7%
  • No, but I may join

Votes: 20 1.0%
  • No way, are you kidding?

Votes: 669 34.0%

• Total voters
Face what? kidding. I bought some of their stock once, then sold it 2 days later for a $300 loss! dont have an account!

Was on for a short time but found I had little interest in it given the advertising and junk mail increase I got because of it.

Ditto here. I also put Facebook on the spam list, junk mail list--just plain don't want anything to do with any of those invasive so-called "social websites." I did--in a moment of weakness--descend to join, but only checked when I had a bunch of messages, etc. After this last round of Facebook rumors I decided I had enough.

My wife is a facebook "enthusiast". She nagged me to sign up. I let her enroll me (since she is the expert). Two days later I started searching websites that detail how to get free of farcebook. The next day I burned my account and have not gone back. To me farcebook and the rest of the "social media" was/is/are:
1) Another point at which various nitwits and losers can impact my life.
2) A video game for people who can't shut the !@*# up.
3) A diversion for those who believe that having a lot to say is the same as having something worth saying, and who enjoy publicly manifesting their ignorance. An English Army officer once said of another officer "He treats stupidity as if it were a virtue." Not everyone I met on f-book fits this description, but enough did.
The damage to our society from such nonsense far outweighs any benefit. I can only hope that there is an especially deep, dark, hot place in Hell for those who create these things.

Im on it and dont mind it. Really good for keeping up with non local friends and families. Lots of my hunting buddies are on there too so easy to keep up.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.