Hunted new groundhog spot first time.

Ohlongarm

Trust me, IME: Hunt ‘em hard enough and - maybe with a little “help” from the coyotes - you can eradicate groundhogs on any Ohio farm.
Finally retired, with enough time and rifles, I now wish I could turn back the clock and maybe “accidentally on purpose” miss a few shots, or would have ignored those pregnant females on the farms I used to hunt. No ‘hogs to be found on any of them now, and it’s getting harder to find new places to hunt . Only this year (after a self-imposed 3-year ban) have I allowed myself the luxury or shooting half a dozen on my own family farm, where I limited shots to those over 200 yards.
I drove from Peebles Ohio,Adams county,to Chillicothe Ohio about 40 minutes near the Ohio river and saw over two dozen groundhogs in the huge fields,all depends i guess.

dragon798

Back in April I took a shot at one at the range I go to in Pa. Actually 2 shots. I estimated him at 1145yds and shot low. Readjusted and figured him closer to 1155. I thought i parted the hair on his back, as there was a pretty good puff of dirt behind him, but I've never seen that hog again. I'm thinking that 147gr ELDM from 6.5 PRC may have penciled right thru him.

dragon798

I've got a buddy that lives near Millersburg. He has a pretty big farm there. I'll hafta ask him about gh hunting there.

Trending threads

Recent Posts