Hunted new groundhog spot first time.

Trust me, IME: Hunt 'em hard enough and - maybe with a little "help" from the coyotes - you can eradicate groundhogs on any Ohio farm.
Finally retired, with enough time and rifles, I now wish I could turn back the clock and maybe "accidentally on purpose" miss a few shots, or would have ignored those pregnant females on the farms I used to hunt. No 'hogs to be found on any of them now, and it's getting harder to find new places to hunt . Only this year (after a self-imposed 3-year ban) have I allowed myself the luxury or shooting half a dozen on my own family farm, where I limited shots to those over 200 yards.
I drove from Peebles Ohio,Adams county,to Chillicothe Ohio about 40 minutes near the Ohio river and saw over two dozen groundhogs in the huge fields,all depends i guess.

Back in April I took a shot at one at the range I go to in Pa. Actually 2 shots. I estimated him at 1145yds and shot low. Readjusted and figured him closer to 1155. I thought i parted the hair on his back, as there was a pretty good puff of dirt behind him, but I've never seen that hog again. I'm thinking that 147gr ELDM from 6.5 PRC may have penciled right thru him.

I've got a buddy that lives near Millersburg. He has a pretty big farm there. I'll hafta ask him about gh hunting there.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.