Huge shout-out to Peterson Brass and Grafs.com

Tac-O

I had requested from Grafs a replacement box for my Peterson brass that I bought because of 3 total boxes of Peterson brass I've bought (on 2 occasions) 2 boxes had the closure latch broken in shipping.

I think the type of latch that's on the box is just susceptible to breakage from impact due to design. The first order from Graf's came with the shipping box banged up a bit, so I wasn't super surprised. The second order I got the shipping box looked fine but there was a die set I also ordered in the same box. While the paper packing inside looked sufficient, I think a FedEx employee must have tossed it hard enough to have the die box smash into the brass box latch.

Anyway, I don't think it's a huge failure from either company. Just a couple of small things that work together to cause issues.

So Darla at Graf's said they'd send me a replacement box and requested pictures so they could show the warehouse to help troubleshoot/prevent in the future. AWESOME. She then said they didn't have any Peterson boxes, so they got ahold of their Peterson contact to have them send me one. Double awesome.

The Peterson guy, Aaron, contacted me with shipping information for the replacement box and asked how I like the brass and asked if I had any feedback. I gave a couple of small nitpicky items, just to help the pursuit of perfection. He told me a bit about their inspection equipment (which sounds top of the line) and said he'd send me 2 boxes with 100 pieces of cosmetic seconds brass!

Awesome customer service from both.

And, Peterson brass is incredible quality. All my measurements on their brass have shown great uniformity.

I'll be a customer for life!

Graf"s has always been a stand up company even a couple years ago when there customer info got hacked they came right out and informed everybody, they didnt try to hide it or take a wait and see approach.
as for Peterson boxes you guys must have rough delivery guys because i have ordered plenty and never got a damaged box

I was just kidding. I get stuff from grafs all the time and never a issue. everything should be that easy.

I'm missing something, you complained about the box latch being broken? Why is that an issue? I think they were very generous to do what they did, shipping companies are terrible these days and damage packages regularly.

I'm missing something, you complained about the box latch being broken? Why is that an issue? I think they were very generous to do what they did, shipping companies are terrible these days and damage packages regularly.

I sent an email to them saying it was the second box i got where the latch was broken and it would be great if they could send another one. I'm not complaining and I wasn't complaining to them... I just sent an inquiry and they went way beyond the response I expected to get. The title says I'd like to give them a big shout out for being awesome.... I've enjoyed the CS I've got from them in the past and have never had an issue.

I took it more positively along the lines of Grafs accepted responsibility for how they packed their shipping boxes over multiple orders - if their warehouse guys put a die set loose into the same box as brass and did not fill with packing appropriately, then any damage is on them. A broken latch might seem petty, but this is ~$1.50/case brass and it doesn't need to get smashed because they didn't stick some peanuts or air packs into the box with them. Next time for Grafs it could be several pounds of a gong target pancaking a cardboard box of Hornady brass, and they don't want to eat $50 over a few cents of packing material so they went to the warehouse and said "hey y'all, put some peanuts in with brass cause that stuff is expensive and we don't want to pay to replace it."

Sounds like Grafs took that feedback well, A+ for them.

Then Peterson got a call from their prime vendor saying "hey we messed up, we want to help this guy out, can you help us make it right?" and Peterson jumped in to back up their vendor. Another A+ performance.

Good feedback on a recurring issue, good response, good support, good all around. Ain't no Karens in this situation.

Last edited:
I think a FedEx employee must have tossed it hard enough to have the die box smash into the brass box latch.
Brass? Uptown! Mine comes in clear plastic loaded round containers, which is way better than cardboard boxes or plastic bags. I like 'em more than my MTM clamshells.
Good story, thanks for sharing.

Graf's sells the Peterson clear flip-top boxes online. There are 3 sizes ranging from ~$6-8. I have never had a broken box with an order and I get my Peterson brass from Graf's also. The common denominator with the broken latch with the OP may be the local delivery guy being hard on packages? I appreciate someone taking time to recognize companies that excel in customer service. It seems like this is becoming the exception rather than the norm these days. Props to both companies for making the effort. I like to support companies that take care of their customers so this is great feedback.

My two boxes of brass came today and this good looking hat was also in the box!

Huge thank you to both of these companies.

IMG_20210908_165022717.jpg
IMG_20210908_170400736.jpg