Howa

Yes the Howa 1500 is the same barreled action as a vanguard. I don't know what issue you had with the vanguard, but I have a vanguard sub moa in 30-06 and I won't trade it for any rem 700s period, and accuracy wise with my hand loads and minor tinkering id put it up agianst 3000$+ custom rifles.

I have vanguard sub moa in 243..3 shots in two holes @ 100, I can't complain... A vanguard sub-moa is to a lariet f350 as a howa is to a ranger... Hope this helps

Scope is junk, stock is fair.

I agree with the others - not sure what your Vanguard issues were, but mine are among my most accurate rifles. They usually come with a 24 inch barrel vs a 22 on a Howa, and used ones are plentiful, often in the $300 range if you look for them. Swap out the stock for another of you're choosing and you're good to go.

I have loaded for 3 howas and one vanguard and all have been very accurate. I don't care for the factory stocks. Mine I ordered as a barreled action and stocked it myself. Both come with a decent trigger that is easily adjustable. I would take another in a second.

I went back to look at it agine I am going back in the AM to get it. Got to stop over at a firends he's wanted my rem 721 .06 for some time now so I got dam neer all the cash. Yes the scope is cheep but it will work for now. Thanks for the info. As far as the vangard goes it was a 7mm rem mag in stainless steel and a cheep plastik stock. It didnt hold a zero.

^^^ that says it all.. cheep stock. Does the howa your getting have a plastic or composite stock

Its a hogue overmolded non slip cobblestone grip tip to butt fiberglass reinforced skeleton pillar bedded & floated.

I have a Howa 1500 in 300WSM and a weatherby vanguard in 338 WM and both are great rifles. First thing that went was the stocks and replaced with Boyd's stocks. Done a piller beding job, lapped the bores. at 400 plus yards both rifles are dailed in on the X on a 300 yard high power target. Cold bore shots!

I hope this houge stock works . But if it dont I all ready check it out there out there for them

I have Howas in the form of vanguards. That date back 30 yrs. They all shoot well, some better . I bought one brand new Remington and it would not cylce loads reliably. They told me to send it in, might take 1-3 months. It was brand new. That was my first and last. I could not even close bolt on some or eject brass. It doesnt shot any better than my Howas and it is a varmint contour. I just finished pillar bedding my 257 vanguard today in a thumbhole stock. It shoots dime groups @100.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.