How to value a custom rifle

KSB209

I built a 300 WM off a 7mm Remington 700 a couple years ago. New pac nor barrel, action and trigger work and on a Mcmillan A5 stock. It was a local gunsmith and I have probably around $1500 in the build plus the $700’ish I originally paid for the rifle. If I wanted to sell it how do I determine a value for it???

i think I want to build a light weight 280AI next and thinking it would be a good trade for the 300wm.

Plinker147

Just add all parts up
Rem action 400
Barrel used your looking at 100
Trigger-0 factory triggers have little to no value
Stock 500-700
Gun smith-Chambering, breaks, coating

Based on what you listed and how it shoots about $1500-1800 in good used condition.

But it’s also worth whatever you can sell it for, Depends on the market

KSB209

Thanks for the reply. I sort of figured around $1500 based on parts. I was going to contact the smith who built it and talk to him about maybe a consignment deal. He is a pretty well know guy in the immediate area so he may know a few people that would be interested in one of his builds without the wait time.

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
Most priced to sell rifles I've seen are at the 80-85% range of original cost. Sometimes buyers put more emphasis on the components and not on labor cost.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.