How to neck size 6.5 PRC using 6.5CM Lee Collet die?

Precision ground washers are available as they are used to shim machine tools. I use one to stop the spitback from my can.

Precision ground washers are available as they are used to shim machine tools. I use one to stop the spitback from my can.

Great find--thank you.

Last edited:
Is there a reason we don't want to start at the difference between lengths of 0.105" (2.015-1.910)?

Not that I would likely have the luxury of choosing between washers of such minute thickness variances, but wanting to make sure I'm not missing something else here.

When I chose mine for my 257 Weatherby I began slightly under and it worked. As @25WSM posted you can start slightly over and see how they work. There is going to be a slight learning curve here that is why I suggested you begin with some older brass and have a small selection of washers/shims to see what you like best.

Hello. Some how I missed this thread. I was skewing around with this last winter.

I did some more tonight. Here's how I did it.

1.) get creedmoor die into the press. Kiss the bottom of to the shell holder. Not a press. A Kiss. Mark it with a sharpie. Back it out 3/4 turn (This is different than Lee's instruction for a reason)....(length)

2) get [1] 9/16" or 5/8 ID washer .110 thick will work. Its job is to engage the bottom of the die and push the collects closed. Slip it over the casing and drop it to the shellholder.

3...) Now go for it. Medium hard consistent presses. The press I'm using toggles over at this point but it kind has too. If the die is not backed out the 3/4 turn it crushes the shoulder.

4) yank the bushing from your Bushing die and bump the shoulder back.
20210103_233025.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts