How much to shorten barrel for suppressor ?

Agree ducky.... hence the imperfect world of Terminal Ballistics.

Even a FMJ can explode and not penetrate when a shoulder is hit.

And I've had Ballistic Tips pencil through broadside without hitting a rib when velocity was "within the velocity range for proper expansion."

Best solution I can come up with is to manage as many variables as possible to give myself the best CHANCE of success.

To me... learning from experience and from this thread, these discussions, and the LRH forum are all part of the fun/frustration.

What a 16.25 with a 9" can looks like
B25CA1C3-0947-44F5-9B26-874364898EE0.jpeg
20CB0910-A2A8-42AB-9592-29A4C64AF328.jpeg

I have a Sako 85 Varmint 308 with a 24" heavy barrel. It shoots 2890 with factory Hornady Superformance 165 SSTs.
It's mission is to be a 400-500 yard whitetail rifle from a box stand. I have a 9 inch suppressor in jail that I hope to receive in time for this season.
Thinking about shortening the barrel when I get it threaded. Looking for opinions on whether to do it and how much. Thanks
I have a .308 Win with 16" barrel. I get 2700+ with Badlands 150.

I have zero desire to change it and I have never really been a .308 fan even though I have owned several. This one has changed my mind!

Another option is don't chop the barrel and for hunting use your muzzle brake which hopefully is a one and done shot. At the range enjoy the benefits of shooting suppressed.