How much speed can a scirocco handle?

You guys talked me into it. Just got 200 150 sciroccos off precision reloader dot com. FYI they have one more in stock!

To be clear the scirocco in my mind doesn't excel at anything in particular but it does everything pretty well assuming the rifle in question likes it. They hold together pretty well up close and have reasonable expansion at distance.

Not my favorite bullet but it is a very good all around bullet for a rifle that sees a lot of varied hunting conditions.

To be clear the scirocco in my mind doesn't excel at anything in particular but it does everything pretty well assuming the rifle in question likes it. They hold together pretty well up close and have reasonable expansion at distance.

Not my favorite bullet but it is a very good all around bullet for a rifle that sees a lot of varied hunting conditions.
My mindset for the second 28 I'm putting together is to fill the wide gap between varmint rifles and my big elk rifle. The big gun was built to shoot elk. This light fast rifle is being put together to be sub 9 lbs, be very effective for deer and sheep at elevation between 3000ft-11,000ft.

No experience with the 7MMs, but 180s in my Dads 300 ultra at 3350 have performed perfect. Recovered 3 under the offside hide of big Missouri whitetail that are picture perfect mushrooms. Usually they exit with fist sized holes.

Only shot it at paper at 120 yds., but that was under 1/2", with a factory Sendero, 5.5-22X NF scope. Longest elk shot was 409, can't tell you what that bullet was doing in between 100 and 400....but the elk only went about 50 yds.

In my experience RE33 is head and shoulders above every other powder in the 28 Nosler. Velocity, Low extreme spreads and accuracy……

I'm using 180 Scirocco II in 300 WSM. Pushing them 3000 +\- fps with RL23 out of 24" 10 twist. Last couple groups chronograph read ES of 3 fps and 11 fps. First 2 cold bore shots are consistently sub-half moa out to 300 yd. Had one group with first 2 at 0.16 moa. Then I seem to get a flyer. I'm working on that with seating depth. Of course the culprit may be the loose nut behind the trigger. 🤪