How Fast Is Your Internet Service Provider's Download Speed?

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a site where you can test your internet download speed. Just follow the directions and use a server closest to where you live.

Let us know your results, please.

ISP Speed Test Website Link Is Here

Here is a screen shot from their site:

speed-test.jpg

And here is my own test result (no need to screen shot yours)

speed-test-2.jpg

And then you can compare to other people in your own area to see if there is a better service available. The internet site content is becoming more and more image based and slow ISP service must be very frustrating.

speed-test-3.jpg

Last edited:
Down 13134 kb/s
up 1730 kb/s

From Chicago - 70 miles away as the crow flies

I tried the "tower" that Len used and it was slightly faster. I switched to MediaCom last month - Hughes.net was giving me fits, plus their modem went bad not 4 months after I had it fixed. For what they wanted to fix it, it paid me to shop around. MediaCom gave me quicker service for the same price, if I wanted the same speed as Hughes, I could have gotten cable plus internet service for less than what I was paying for Hughes.

Last edited:
Verizon is overloaded in DC metro. Everyone here has four or five home computers plus blackberries. Verizon is trying to kick off customers who use their computers a lot. It is like the insurance companies, they only want the money to come in and not provide any service. Service is interrupted about once every two hours so your computer has to "reconnect".

Len,

Moreso for me, than download speed, is all the flashing, moving billboards on three sides. They are very distracting, and must eat up alot of bandwidth. Moving emoticons (even present on this reply page, while I type) and moving avatars are also distracting.

I do not mean to be critical. Just wish to voice my displeasure in these things.

For those that require these things, it must be the "cat's behind".

Longshooter

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.