Hornady's New die

carpetman2

I just purchased a new 270WSM and needed a die set. So, I checked out the new custom new dimension die set for this caliber and purchased it. I am so amazed, it produces rounds that have vertually no runout. Is this an annomally or are these dies that good? If they are that good, I am replacing several of my die sets with the new Hornady's.

I just purchased a new 270WSM and needed a die set. So, I checked out the new custom new dimension die set for this caliber and purchased it. I am so amazed, it produces rounds that have vertually no runout. Is this an annomally or are these dies that good? If they are that good, I am replacing several of my die sets with the new Hornady's.

I have added almost a dozen new dimensions to my die sets for the flexibility to size a wide
range depending on need and use.

I have found them to be very good dies and there expander ball works better than any other
brand I have while changing neck sizes on wildcats.

IMO They are very good dies.

J E CUSTOM

when I picked up my 270 WBY mag the only die set I could find was a Hornaday like the above, and later bought a 30-06 set. Replaced the 270 mag set pretty quickly with a Forster set, and the 30-06 set has also been placed back out of the way. They are pretty and I like their sizing ball shape, but nothing else. Their seater is probably the worst seater I've ever used
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.