Hornady Leverolution bullets????

I tried to find them myself. I got an Encore pistol in .444 Marlin that loves these in the factory loads. Devastating on anything you shoot. I reload the HAWK bullets.

I tried to find them myself. I got an Encore pistol in .444 Marlin that loves these in the factory loads. Devastating on anything you shoot. I reload the HAWK bullets.

Yeah I was going to reload some for my papaw. What's the HAWK bullet. Also I read something on another forum that posses a question. Could you shoot any bullet in a lever action if you only have one in the chamber and one in the tube????

Yeah I was going to reload some for my papaw. What's the HAWK bullet. Also I read something on another forum that posses a question. Could you shoot any bullet in a lever action if you only have one in the chamber and one in the tube????

You've got to watch your overall length. Spirepoint bullets are sometimes too long to cycle in a lever action. I also have concerns about damage to the point of the bullet in the mag by the mag tube follower under recoil.

I shoot cast bullets in levers, so I have to ask: What are the Leverevolution bullets good for? I can't see how they'd flatten trajectory to an appreciable degree. They seem like a gimmick to me. Hornady seems to be having some success with them, but I don't get it?

You've got to watch your overall length. Spirepoint bullets are sometimes too long to cycle in a lever action. I also have concerns about damage to the point of the bullet in the mag by the mag tube follower under recoil.

I shoot cast bullets in levers, so I have to ask: What are the Leverevolution bullets good for? I can't see how they'd flatten trajectory to an appreciable degree. They seem like a gimmick to me. Hornady seems to be having some success with them, but I don't get it?

Yes, the spirepoints are longer, that's why the Leverevolution brass is shorter.

I Don't think Hornady will ever make these bullets available for reloading. I spoke to a hornady Rep. last year at the RMEF round up in Reno and because of the demand and sucess of the Leverolution there is no plans to make them available. I've would have like to tinker round with my 450. Besides the factory stuff is pretty awsome. I've waylayed a few critters and was pretty impressed. I plan on shooting a buffalo this winter in Colorado using my Marlin 450 XMLR.
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.