Hornady ELD Match

ZAR LRH

Anyone with experience and feedback on the new Hornady ELD Match, especially the .308 208gr and .225gr and .338 285gr? Any verifications of the published BC values?

I use the 208 in my 30-06, the new revised BCs ended up answering a lot of questions for me.
I had to plug a higher velocity in my calculator to get hits. After putting the higher BC in, I was hitting according to my velocity...

Anyone with experience and feedback on the new Hornady ELD Match, especially the .308 208gr and .225gr and .338 285gr? Any verifications of the published BC values?

I compared the 208A and the 208E at a grand side by side. There was about 1 MOA vertical separation. Velocities were identical (within the normal ES range). They also proved to both be dead on with eachother at my zero range. I was using .651G1 for the 208E. I attribute The .02 less than published to be from the lower velocity from my 308. They were running around 2500'sec. Run them out of a magnum and they'll probably be around the .67 mark.

The 178 ELDX was spot on for me with the first published BC of .535G1 out of my 20" XCR at 2575'sec.

The 162 ELDM was right on at .653G1 which is the current published. Velocity is 2975.

I'm finding that the BC values of Hornady's new E lines are legit.

Hope that helps!

M

I was using .670 and I switched to .690 and was able to hit @ 550 yards..
I was using 30-06 @ 2680fps..
I we going off of this chart that another member shared a link to...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 95
Thanks. Sounds promising.

Michael are you using the same load en getting the same velocity out of the Amax and ELD Match?

Anybody used the 225gr and anyone used the match on game at extended range?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.