Hornady die bushing

MAV300

Ok I have a question about Hornady match grade dies. I am shooting .300 wsm christenson arms. What bushing do I need to buy. My cartridge measures inside after fired is .313.

It will depend on the thickness of the neck of the brass you're using. The easiest way to determine the proper diameter bushing is to measure the neck diameter of several loaded or dummy cartridges with an accurate micrometer. Depending on how much neck tension you want, subtract that amount from the lowest average measurement, usually 0.001" to 0.003". So if your OD of a loaded round comes out to, say, 0.336", you might want to start with a 0.334 bushing and maybe go up or down in 0.001" increments until you get the neck tension you want.

Yup measure the outside of a loaded round at the neck and subtract .002-003" and get that bushing. Can go to .004" if a semi or light magnum bolt gun but I wouldn't go any more.

Ok I have a question about Hornady match grade dies. I am shooting .300 wsm christenson arms. What bushing do I need to buy. My cartridge measures inside after fired is .313.

The answers above are correct. But ..... keep in mind that if you are using more than one brand of brass, or even different lots of brass, that the neck wall thickness may vary and you would likely need different bushings to get the desired neck tension. Most reloaders who use bushing dies eventually have several different bushings that they use to accommodate changes in brass.

It will depend on the thickness of the neck of the brass you're using. The easiest way to determine the proper diameter bushing is to measure the neck diameter of several loaded or dummy cartridges with an accurate micrometer. Depending on how much neck tension you want, subtract that amount from the lowest average measurement, usually 0.001" to 0.003". So if your OD of a loaded round comes out to, say, 0.336", you might want to start with a 0.334 bushing and maybe go up or down in 0.001" increments until you get the neck tension you want.
Thank you for all the information you provided. Big help

The bushings from different companies will vary in size, even if they are all stamped the same size, I get 4 sizes to start and try them all. I have found that most of my guns shoot better with more neck tension. .004-.006 has worked better than the old standard of .002. Only way to know is to test.