Hornady brass and fed 215 primers

IF IT WORKS WELL FOR SMALL PRIMER POCKETS, IT MAY NOT WORK WELL IN A LARGE POCKET.
i use 2 different ones for 5.56 and 7.62 mil brass.
I use a screw countersink bit that goes in my drill to do away with the crimp . I've done thousands upon thousands of military 223 brass never had an issue

The pack
IF IT WORKS WELL FOR SMALL PRIMER POCKETS, IT MAY NOT WORK WELL IN A LARGE POCKET.
i use 2 different ones for 5.56 and 7.62 mil brass.
the pack that I bought had three different ones in it . I have done some military 308 brass but it wasn't very many and it worked fine. I believe they are Irwin brand

As I think about the Dillon primer pocket swager, I realize it does not (as far as I know) have a rod for magnum length cases, which means you cannot use it for your 7 mm magnum. Give one of the other products, like the Hornady Pocket Reamer a try.

K1W1Spada posted a response that will fix the issue.

Those cases have had the primer crimped in place.

The Hornady primer pocket reamer tool will fix that crimp.

Hornady Primer Pocket Reamer Package will solve your problem for about $22; have both large & small
Nice! I hadn't heard of this particular tool before. It looks like just the ticket for the OP's situation. Since he just has large primer pockets to do, he can order the tool just for those and get by even cheaper: $12.99 at Midway (UPC #090255412024; Hornady part #041202)

The combo pack (does large & small primers) is UPC# 090255412109; Hornady part #041210

Dillon primer pocket swagger. It doesn't increase primer pocket and leaves a smooth rounded edge. I agree with previous thread. Kind of looks like crimped primers.

Take your Whornady brass and gently place it in the nearest trash can. Then go buy a box of Nosler brass.

What I meant is that with time primer pockets stretch due to firing. If pockets become oversized you can only use the Federals Primers then. Rather pick a primer that fit than to cut away with a reamer.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.