Hornady brass and fed 215 primers

Goose71

Hello All.
I recently bought a tikka 7mm mag and 2boxes of hornady white tail ammo to shoot and break in barrel. Now after prepping tho cases trying to seat fed 215 primers with a lee hand primer I can't get the primers to seat. Shavings from the primer are showing up on case head. Tried some cci 250 and even some of them are very hard to seat.
Has anyone ran across this issue.
Maybe I need to switch brand of brass ?

I used a primer pocket uniform the head of the brass has marks on edge of primer pocket where the must be be seated with on factory line.

I've never seen that. You may want to buy some good brass. ADG, Nosler, Rem in that order. I'm sure someone will chime in knowing more about your problem.

Like said before try primer pocket uniformer if you don't have one try chamfering tool and very lightly chamfer the primer pocket see if that helps good luck

Like said before try primer pocket uniformer if you don't have one try chamfering tool and very lightly chamfer the primer pocket see if that helps good luck
+1
BB.jpg

instead of a "uniformer" try to add a bit of a chamfer on the pocket mouth.
(case mouth deburring tool may work)
if hornady got a primer in you should be able to.
last step is to find a primer pocket swagger and re do the pockets.

Could you post a picture of what you're seeing?

Chamfering the primer pockets very gently with neck chamfering tool would probably fix your problem.

I have been trying to post a pic. Not very tech savvy. I did get my hands on new ready to load hornady brass primers seated no issues.

I have been trying to post a pic. Not very tech savvy. I did get my hands on new ready to load hornady brass primers seated no issues.

Interesting. I've never had that issue and I use a lot of Hornady brass and Fed 215 primers in almost everything.

If u look around the primer pocket u will see 4 impressions that is where primer is being shaved

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.