Horizontal stringing 6.5 Creed

If Berger would re-stock all Retailer with 140 Berger Elite Hunters, I will go through a seating depth test again, after this election, it will be another run on supplies for quite a while now...

Well, I was able to locate a retailer that had the 140 EOL in stock, Midway has them, ordered two boxes of 100, should be here Monday. I will do another seating depth test to see if accuracy will change. I have H4350, RL16 and pound of RL26. What powder have you guys found to be the most accurate with the 140's, I am not looking for speed but accuracy, something to get me down to .50 to .25 size in groups. With my current seating depth, I am running .730 in group size using H4350 at 40.5 gr., Lapua LRP brass and CCI 200 primers. The barrel only has 86 rounds through it, I have read some people do not start load development until at least 100 has been down the barrel, not sure how that is a magic number for it to have settled down.

All barrels settle down at differing number of shots. 100 is just a good average to when it happens. Could be 75 or 125 it will tell you. I have found all 3 powders you have to be very accurate in the Creed. The Creed is one of the easiest cartridges I have ever tuned. There is a huge node at 2700fps but I run mine more than that. Getting under 1/2 moa is not hard at all with the Creed. Most of them I have built will do that with Hornady factory ammo. 143 or 147. Don't be afraid to change that primer. Good luck.
Shep

I use Fed 210match on my lap brass and cci450 on my srp brass. But you just need to see what shoots best for you. I pretty much have all the primers on the market that I try and normally one will show much better es/sd and accuacy. I always try for single digits but don't get hung up on it. If it's accurate and does well at distance also who cares what the sd is. There is a tuning method that uses positive compensation that takes care of your sd numbers. That's beyond the scope of getting you under 1/2 moa at 100 yards. But you should look it up and understand it because it will help you alot when you start to stretch it out farther.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.