Home made ecaller

cdparks

I have been doing research on a homemade ecaller and have thought of my own idea and wanted some feedback on or maybe somebody has had the same idea and could tell me how it works.

My idea is that I use a mp3 player connected to an FM transmitter (I have seen some with a range up to 450' for about $100) to braodcast the call to a portable boombox. This setup would give me the remote ability I need with some good range also.

The homemade callers I've seen on some other forums seem a little more complicated and don't always have the remote ability unless you incorporate and expensive transmitter.

I just thought this setup might work and would be a good option since I already have most of the components.

It should work fine. I have almost the same thing but mine is hooked up to a "caller" (which is just a big speaker) and it works great! You also might look for a used setup. I think I paid $60 for mine and it works great!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.