Holy hazmat!!!

HazMat fees are set by UPS.
*If* you are a volume shipper, you can get a break on both the basic shipping & HazMat tag.
That is how the big boys can charge less for the shipping.
But if you are like the rest of us, you cannot eat $30~40 per HazMat order to price match shipping charges.

What's the deal with these high hazmat fees plus shipping on top? Just capitalism at work during these times?? Just purchased a couple pounds of powder from a certain online retailer... $38 for hazmat then another $32 for shipping??? It's getting ridiculous.. guess I just needed to vent.
I feel your pain. I just ordered a $15.00 screw for one of my rifles, and had to pay $17.00 shipping. It's ridiculous.

We cant get any ammo or powder via post or private delivery - every thing has to be picked up personally here and your details recorded along with your license and some places even require a photo ID so if you are 500 miles from a store then it costs for fuel to and from

ALL of them seem to be taking advantage of the pistol ammo frenzy. It has all doubled+ in price on GB. The regular outlets list it at the usual prices but are all out and always out...notify me hasn't come back with anything in over a month. 9mm now $ .40 - .55 / round Considering that price has held, someone is buying it. Not me.

A place down the road from me has Remington 9mm on sale for I think 9.99 for a box of 50.

What's the deal with these high hazmat fees plus shipping on top? Just capitalism at work during these times?? Just purchased a couple pounds of powder from a certain online retailer... $38 for hazmat then another $32 for shipping??? It's getting ridiculous.. guess I just needed to vent.
I know, its abit shocking when I recently ordered 5lbs BH 209 & a cpl lbs T7 online. The hazmat fee plus the shipping fee added either 36 or 38.00 to my bill. Not to mention how **** expensive BH 209 has gotten along with a cpl other powders. WOW even muzzleloading ain't easy on a poor mans budget anymore I've seen in the last yr hazmat fees range from 18.00-26.00 I feel really bad for all those that have to order their reloading supplies online. It's a **** shame to have to pay more for hazmat plus reg shipping fees are more than your order cost.

That for sure everybody needs to vote. There isn't a good reason not too. If BIDEN gets in we are cooked. I voted twice while I was in the fields of Vietnam in 1969. I have only missed one vote for the entire time I been able to vote. (BIDEN) B.iggest, I.diot, D.emocrats, E.ver, N.ominated. Back to powder: You have to really watch and get on the email list of powder suppliers. They come across with some good buys. Hazmat fees do go away from time to time too. Just have to watch.
SSS

We aren't even allowed to order loaded ammo or powder for delivery here, all has to be pick up only!
You folks got it shoved up your keesters and down your throats with what your government did. I couldn't believe some of the beautiful Merklels and Welbys I watched them cutting into chunks and pieces. The hoops and hurdles you have to jump through just to own and shoot a rifle there is preposterous. And, what did this do to lower your crime rates? Nothing other than to give us Americans a very valid argument that when you outlaw guns from law abiding citizens, only outlaws have guns!

You can thank Obama for the fees. I haven't seen a UPS or FedX truck blow up yet from hauling powder. It doesn't come in any special container either.

The reason you don't see freight trucks blowing up is because of the extra steps taken to handle hazardous materials. There are extra steps and extra expenses involved in transporting hazmat packages so the transportation companies have to pass that on to their customers (the vendors). The vendors then decide how much of that to pass on to the consumer. Just because somebody offers free or reduced shipping costs doesn't mean that they get to ship the item for free. Larger vendors can just absorb some of the expenses of shipping instead of passing it on.

Everyone has grown so accustomed to free shipping that they're surprised by the actual cost when they have to pay it. I can actually list the same item for sale for $20 and free shipping or $15 plus shipping $5 shipping and I'll sell more of the $20 items every time.

You folks got it shoved up your keesters and down your throats with what your government did. I couldn't believe some of the beautiful Merklels and Welbys I watched them cutting into chunks and pieces. The hoops and hurdles you have to jump through just to own and shoot a rifle there is preposterous. And, what did this do to lower your crime rates? Nothing other than to give us Americans a very valid argument that when you outlaw guns from law abiding citizens, only outlaws have guns!
Yes it was pretty nasty, we did get shafted but ours was in 1996 you might be thinking of New Zealand as they just had the same thing happen?

Thats what happens when you dont have a decent gun lobby like your NRA.

The problem I have with it was that there was no regulation(registration, safe storage requirements or licencing scrutinisation) at the time & there was no attempt to actually impliment such a registration & licencing scheme as we have now, they just prohibited them & took them away, same thing in NZ.

We were lucky though(well not really), we had a buy back scheme where the government bought our semi auto rifles/semi auto & pump shotguns.
I think in NZ they just had to hand them in with no compensation at all.

It really does make you cry to see all those historic firearms get put thrpugh the shredder :mad:

And we make Hodgson here in Australia and pay a lot more than you guys do. The poor old aussie is really screwed. still while they sell it I will buy it I asked one retailer to put a couple of pound aside I was flabergast when he said No we will only sell it if it is going out the door they are only allowed to hold very limited quantities Tak a drive and smell the flowers along the way.
Vaughn G in OZ

I know, its abit shocking when I recently ordered 5lbs BH 209 & a cpl lbs T7 online. The hazmat fee plus the shipping fee added either 36 or 38.00 to my bill. Not to mention how **** expensive BH 209 has gotten along with a cpl other powders. WOW even muzzleloading ain't easy on a poor mans budget anymore I've seen in the last yr hazmat fees range from 18.00-26.00 I feel really bad for all those that have to order their reloading supplies online. It's a **** shame to have to pay more for hazmat plus reg shipping fees are more than your order cost.
Saw blackhorn 209 at Cabela's the other day. $50 for 10oz no primers at all... Picked it up at my local reloading supply store for 35. Along with a brick of CCI 209m primers, some CFE BLK, and some 8208xbr. Saw an 8lb jug of reloder 26 there too...

You are allowed 44 lbs. on each hazmat order, with two pounds you pay $16 hazmat per lb. Order the whole 44 and its less than a buck a lb. There is a group of us that order together so we get powder cheaper. No matter how much you order it will never go to waste. Happy shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts