Hogs ON Top of Wheat Round Bales

Double Naught Spy

Did some hunting with buddies in north Texas. The first part of the hunt, we caught a couple boars out in the open and dispatched them. The end of the hunt was finding hogs on TOP of round bales made of wheat. This was pretty unusual and the guy I was hunting with (Dave) had told me about this several times and had shot hogs from the round bales on the previous two nights. I wasn't expecting to see what I saw, but by golly, there were hogs up on the partially destroyed round bales...

[ame]https://youtu.be/qRny7HMWj0s[/ame]

The more I learn about wild hogs, the more impressed I am with them. I had no idea they could climb round bales to scavenge for food.

DNS, I must commend you on your excellent video production skills! The production and commentary are very much appreciated.

I'm not surprised, Hogs are unbelievably agile climbers and jumpers. As for the hay, they love it. You can't find a better bait than milo or haygrazer bales or silage.

Thanks scrmblr. I finally figured out that if I didn't narrate the videos that in as little as a year, I would forget the salient details.

Hogs can be agile, but I figure they aren't getting up on the bales until they have eaten into a couple and collapsed them such that they can be used a ramps to get up on top. I have seen bales damaged low down on the sides and surrounded by hog tracks.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts