Hog Taxidermy Price?

Shot me a nice boar. There's a post about it, lol. Anywho, I took it to a very well known taxidermist.

Shoulder mount:
$1195 for hide
$595 for open mouth
$250 for Euro skull mount

Having a tough time swallowing these prices. What you all think?
$595.00 for the shoulder mount with the mouth open seems about right. I paid $475.00
25 years ago.

skin it out tie a string to it and throw it in a pond for couple of months if the fish dont clean it up throw it in a fire ant bed for a couple weeks then bleach it that ought to about do it for you and im not charging you a dime for the advice

Hog skulls have a lot of grease in them. I have done several hog skulls by letting nature clean them but the skulls are always off color. I have not tried it on a hog yet but now I boil all of my deer skulls in oxiclean or some generic version. It degreases the skulls and they come out white everytime.

Hog skulls have a lot of grease in them. I have done several hog skulls by letting nature clean them but the skulls are always off color. I have not tried it on a hog yet but now I boil all of my deer skulls in oxiclean or some generic version. It degreases the skulls and they come out white everytime.

I would think that would work just as well on a hog skull as on a deer skull. It might take a little longer, but it will be easier in the sense that they don't have any antlers to have to keep out of the boiling water. ( It looks kinda funny when the the antler burrs are boiled white like the skull.) My buddy just leaves his deer skulls whatever color they are when they come out of the ground, but I like them white like you do.