Hog Hunting Recommendations

HAMMERHAND

Hello everyone!
I'd like to glean some information off of anyone who knows a bit about hog hunting. My friends and I (who are all respectful and safe-minded mid-30's working class guys) love to hunt big game together. We wanted to find a place to hog hunt in Texas, Oklahoma, etc. (driving from N. Colorado and S. Wyoming). We're most interested in finding a landowner to work with that would allow us to bring a camper and a 4-wheeler to hunt fair chase hogs on their property for a minimal fee, but are not opposed to paying more money to THE RIGHT outfitter or landowner to hunt. By outfitter I mean REPUTABLE individual.

I know alot of people from our area that have traveled to OK or TX and hunted hogs. They tell horror stories about outfitters. If they killed hogs, the outfitter was a jerk, the accomodations sub-standard (crappy meals, bedbugs, service,etc), or if the accomodations were awesome, the hunting sucked and the trip was expensive. I've also heard that there are ranchers that would allow you to come shoot all the hogs you wanted for nothing, or minimal trespass fees, but I have yet to find such a person that exists in my search.
I guess the bottom line is we're looking for a place we can go every year. We're most interested in forming a long-term relationship with a landowner if possible. We also may be interested in trades for really good hunting. We have private property access to wyoming antelope property, and excellent Canada Goose hunting.
Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Call Glen at 806-469-5212. He charges $50 a day for hunting and lodging. We hunt hogs every day and almost every night here. Nothing we would like more than to have "regulars" hunting here.

Try Mark at Red Dirt Outfitters.
His contact info is here.

Red Dirt Outfitters | Facebook

It is close to Thomas, OK there is one motel there or there are better ones at Weatherford or Watonga.

I have hunted with Mark twice, he has treated us very well.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.