Hog bait that squirrels (and deer, doves, etc.) don't like

This is what i use for HOG Hunting. It is a 10" PVC pipe buried 18" vertically. Fill with rotten corn. Only one hog can get their snout into the pipe at a time so there is a backup line of HOGS trying to get in.
Just filled it again to see if we can draw some piggies in.
Used this system for years and works great!!!
It may be a 12" or 10" diameter PVC Pipe either will work. Burry vertically 18" in the ground. I always get corn and put in a 5 gallon bucket and fill with water. Let sit for a week or two to ferment and start to stink. The pour into the pipe. and around the ground. We have shot many dozens of hogs this way. If hogs are in the area set up a camera and check their roaming pattern. Saves a lot of time in the stand when you know the time they will be at your Pipe Feeder.
Another tip is when they come in if there is a SOW and other smaller ones with her--Shoot her first, then the other hogs won't know what to do in the first few seconds. You can shoot a few more. If there is a Sow and you don't shoot here -- when she takes off they all follow.
Now if there are Boars just shoot the one you want. We don't keep the larger Boars 200 + lbs. We just keep all the little ones around 100 LBS.
Piglets are the best!

Attachments

• Hog feeder corn.jpg
    Hog feeder corn.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Hog feeder.jpg
    Hog feeder.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 40
  • Hog feeder2.jpg
    Hog feeder2.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Hog feeder3.jpg
    Hog feeder3.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 41
I just bet that are some spectacular fights between some of the dominant boars as well the sows. If you could record it, I think that you may have something like MMA only with no rules or referee at all.

I just bet that are some spectacular fights between some of the dominant boars as well the sows. If you could record it, I think that you may have something like MMA only with no rules or referee at all.
This is more like sumo wrestling. I was thinking about when two wild sounders met over food not domesticated pigs.

I've seen them hook another pig and throw him 4 feet into the air.. The very first hog I ever shot with my longbow (I was inexperienced to say the least and didn't give the shield its proper respect). The arrow penetrated maybe 4". That hog turned and hooked the hog beside him and just tossed him. Then he proceeded to start eating corn again but didn't give me a shot so I killed another one just as big that quartered away and I hit him perfect. I learned a lot about shooting big boar hogs that day. I've killed a lot of big hogs since with my 55lb Black Widow and 57# homemade longbow. That shield is some amazing protection. But stay lay and tight to the front leg, particularly quartered away just a little, and you'll see him go down 95%of the time.

I've often read about guys who soak their corn in diesel fuel. Apparently hogs like diesel as much as they like corn. I doubt any other critter would eat diesel laden corn. Maybe someone else can chime in on this suggestion.
I did that once after my cousin told me about it, even dug a hole and put it in there. Set my camera up and not one pig showed up but the deer sure did and they ate it all 🤨

I've read a few articles on different types of diy stuff but wanted some real world input. I live in southwest Georgia and there are lots of hogs... But not too many in worth county... My FIL has property that periodically shows signs and I'd like to put something out that will attract them (on a more regular basis) If that's even possible. What do y'all use to bait traps and such? I see them hit on the side of the road once or twice a month so I know they're out there.
Corn in a feeder 1 time a day. 7 days a week, fill it every other month. I have 4 feeders at my place and they come to mine like clockwork!! Get you a cell camera put it about 25' away from the feeder and your set.. Time will tell. By the way put the feeder where the bear's can't get it, if you have bears in your area. Put a tree stand up to hunt out of. Your all set

we have a large wood pole type powerline on our property. They rub on the poles for the creosote to repel bugs. It's bad enough that the power company had to put up new poles wrapped in the galvanized 1/2 inch square wire to guard the poles. They still rub but don't damage the poles nearly as much. I bet if you brush that creosote smell on poles or trees they would do the same. You may try putting it on a wallow to draw them.

We use to just take an old railroad tie that was already creosoted and lean it up in the low fork of a tree. Where they could get under it and rub on it. You can also pour some burnt motor oil all over it. They will scratch and rub on it and wallow it all out around it.