• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

hodgen available at 3rd generation shooting supply

Has anyone ordered from the before? How long does it typically take to process and ship an order?
I have and under normal times they are good 1-2 days to ship but these aren't normal times. most places are 7-14 days out and the shipping companies are slammed

Yes the shipping companies are slammed with the covid and holidays but I will tell you from here it looks like they have stepped up everything I have ordered in the last couple weeks has showed up on time or early even have had fed ex deliver on sunday and this was not a special order or such

Have y'all tried buying powder from Hodgdon's? You have to add it to your cart to see if it's in stock. I see that H-414 has been discontinued,but they still carry the Winchester 760 which is the same powder.Last time I bought powder I bought from Midsouth.Brownells used to do a free shipping and one cent hazmat and I'd buy powder when they would run that sale,but I haven't seen that since the first of the year. https://shop.hodgdon.com/hodgdon

Last edited:
I called an hour ago and the guy said they were sold out. Hope everyone that ordered some get it. I've had powder and bullets get charged from another website and never received confirmation. Took a bit but finally got a refund for the products because they kept saying that they were backorder but I was charged for them. In the end it worked out just makes a guy a little nervous with supplies going so fast nowadays. Hard to keep up with demand.

This is something that really ticks me off!
A vendor takes your money BEFORE shipping the ordered product and, as in your case, items are backordered for who-knows-HOW-long?!?
To me that smells of a business circling the drain and a Ponsi Scheme wherein they use TODAY'S capital (your order money) to float the business and the next day somebody else's money to float the business further.
It is DISHONEST and DISINGENUOUS at best, especially when you call for a refund and they balk at an immediate return response.
That tells me they:
A. DON'T have your money...it has already been spent and they need to wait until several somebodies pay up front so they can skim off of those funds to reimburse you, or;
B. They keep YOUR money as long as they can because as long as the funds are in THEIR bank account, THEY are making money off of interest. The longer they keep your money, the more THEY make while YOU are charged a fee from your credit card and it costs them NOTHING to rip you off!!
When faced with such a situation where a vendor has pulled such a sorry as*ed stunt, I DEMAND an immediate refund (it CAN be done. They just don't WANT to) and/or tell them they have NMT 48 hours to refund me 100%. (PS, if they can instantaneously TAKE your money via a few keystrokes, they DAM*ED sure can make a few MORE keystrokes to refund the same money!)
At the end of the 48 hour window I give them, if I haven't received a 100% refund, I contact my card holder, explain the situation and I've ALWAYS gotten my money back within a few hours, even though they will be freezing the funds to the vendor and IMMEDIATELY extracting my funds out of their hands!
The bank or card holder will do an investigation to verify my accounting of the situation within (usually) one week and advise me of the outcome.
I've never tried to stiff a vendor who is just running behind due to demand but as far as I am concerned, NO business should charge a card UNTIL THE ITEM IS PACKED AND SHIPPED!!
PERIOD.
But that's just me.
Taking my money knowing they are backordered for MONTHS?!?
That borders on CRIMINAL, IMHO, and I'm not above posting the debacle on any and ALL media outlets I can find.
Good Luck to You, Sir.

Every time I look at the stacked shelves in my shop, I have to grin and remember all the static I received from my friends and wife over the many years of powder and primer purchases. Much while on sale, clearance, yard sales, estate sales, trades, etc. "What are you going to do with all that?" :cool:😁

might be getting better, I got H1000, H4895, from a local gun store, they had other popular powders as well, still no primers, bullets thin supply

Recent Posts