• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Hodgdon powders, price increase

A guy named Bob

I just ordered some powder and was told they had yet another price increase as of the Jan 1st and will be increasing prices again mid year. The reason for my post, The retailers (if you can find it) havent caught up to the price hikes, yet. So, my suggestion would be to buy it now if you can and save some money. Retumbo $68.31 a pound + HM.

For what its worth.

Last edited:
I just ordered some powder and was told they had yet another price increase as of the Jan 1st and will be increasing prices again mid year. The reason for my post, The retailers (if you can find it) havent caught up to the price hikes, yet. So, my suggestion would be to buy it now if you can and save some money. Retumbo $68.31 a pound + H.M.

For what its worth.
56 a pound where I'm from

It may be that for what is on the shelf. The link posted is what it will be. Prices are going up. That is the point.

I will break this down. The op can straighten me out if I am wrong. Point of OP= prices are going up. Buy now if you want to save. Who cares if it is marginally cheaper where you buy. It won't be the current price for long.

Last edited:
Yup.....I just paid $58.00 per pound for
H-1000. I can only imagine that this time next year that will be a bargin. I've been holding off buying anything I deemed
"Too Expensive" but have came to the conclusion that this shortage will not recover before the next one hits, and prices are NOT going down any time soon. I'm at the point where anything I'm going to run out of in the next year needs bought when found even if the price isn't liked because it's probably as cheap as it's going to be until wages catch up with inflation. Sadly, I think even if people stop buying, and supply catches up I think these prices are here to stay.

Yup.....I just paid $58.00 per pound for
H-1000. I can only imagine that this time next year that will be a bargin. I've been holding off buying anything I deemed
"Too Expensive" but have came to the conclusion that this shortage will not recover before the next one hits, and prices are NOT going down any time soon. I'm at the point where anything I'm going to run out of in the next year needs bought when found even if the price isn't liked because it's probably as cheap as it's going to be until wages catch up with inflation. Sadly, I think even if people stop buying, and supply catches up I think these prices are here to stay.
Good points.
You can add the fact that we are going into an election year. If political parties decide to make gun control a hot topic on the campaign trail, supply could possibly get even tighter.

Where are all the guys claiming if we just stop buying it than it will come down...sadly I've been saying this is new norm but getting chastised by certain gents who refuse to accept that the new market is not controlled by us any longer.
Problem is, for every 5 people that stop buying it 10 after them will.

Yes I know. Thats my point. Manufacturers know this, which traditionalists will not accept. We will buy it when we see it because they are only releasing enough to keep this perpetual. Make less and charge double....allows everyone less overhead and more money. We are slaves to these companies. Shutting down the country opened the door to this but it was inevitable either way. Covid was just the big bang.

People must have hit Powder Valley pretty hard before the increase. They went from having over 100 types in stock, down to only 48 in stock this morning.

My .2 worth…Powder is only the beginning…Control is what HE wants through his 17 minions. And at the present they have it… and with the downfall of America it will be complete. This plan that started in the garden with the corruption of our DNA by making women bare his off springs was only the first part of his plan. The reason they want to defund police is so they can replace them with Homeland security, (present day SS). The lizard that lives under the ice cap in Antarctica is the orchestrator of all at this point… this was a war in the beginning beyond the blue sky (when Semyaza and his 17+200+all the others where cast here) and the war will culminate here.

Keep your powder dry and your eyes on the horizon! This is only the beginning of his plan for us, and I'm not talking God.:eek::oops: