• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Hodgdon H4350 not cheap though

Hodgdon is a bit pricey these days. The hazmat is per item too I think. I ordered 4lbs of varget yesterday(probably 4 years worth of shooting in that particular rifle). Price was like $62 per pound then $62 in hazmat fees. I'm not a super high volume shooter with only about 1000 rounds of center fire ammo per year out of my 3 long range rifles so it wasn't a huge deal to me but still expensive compared to what it used to be.

I looked at their price for an 8 lb of 4831 sc and it was close to 500. Redonculous. I want an 8 lb bad but not that bad

OW
Jill and I did a Powder run last year (October) on our trip to Nashville for our anniversary. The LRH members and other shooters were GREAT! We all traded with FAIR Prices to each other. Each of us thought the prices were high, but that was due to the Market prices. Everything was traded or sold under market prices.
Wish we could go back to before the Clinton/Obama Years!

Hodgdon is a bit pricey these days. The hazmat is per item too I think. I ordered 4lbs of varget yesterday(probably 4 years worth of shooting in that particular rifle). Price was like $62 per pound then $62 in hazmat fees. I'm not a super high volume shooter with only about 1000 rounds of center fire ammo per year out of my 3 long range rifles so it wasn't a huge deal to me but still expensive compared to what it used to be.
From their website...
  1. Hodgdon Powder Company will pass through the $24.99 per package HazMat charge from UPS to the customer.