Hi all. New Mexico now, Alaska soon!

Tortoise

Hello folks. Tortoise here in NM where a 100 yd shot is considered close. Love your forum... I've been musing around it off and on for a few years now. Funny how many times a search on Google or Yahoo has routed me here. You've done a great job on it and there's a ton of great information. I'm moving up to the Kenai in Alaska (Soldotna) as soon as my old senior citizen dog (Buddy) moves on. He's 19 years old now and isn't in to much of a hurry to leave me yet... We're both crippled up and feeling old so who knows? I might beat him to the grave.... Well.. hi all and all the best... Tortoise

P1100046.jpg

Hi Dosh. Thanks for the welcome and all the best on your move to Nthn AZ.. I love that area. I've have camped at one of those lakes outside Springerville a few times. In fact I think it's Springerville where I found a heck of a great sporting goods store with tons of gun stuff. Residents tags are still easier than here in NM... In fact.. I'll wager that an resident Elk tag is easier in my dreaded home state of Ca. than NM... I have a friend that hunts AZ every year and doesn't even bother with our state anymore... Can't beat a resident subsistence tag in Alaska though... I can't wait to get up there and learn more. Well Dosh. Thanks again and all the best. Arizona's a great state...

Welcome aboard Tortoise, enjoy the forum. I have a Red Heeler that is giving me a fit with old age problems. I will comfort her to the end. Hope you have a successful move when the time comes.

Don Dunlap

Welcome aboard Tortoise, enjoy the forum. I have a Red Heeler that is giving me a fit with old age problems. I will comfort her to the end. Hope you have a successful move when the time comes.

Don Dunlap

God bless you Don and God bless these little critters. I'll tell you.. it's harder taking care of this old guy than when he was a pup... Since those pup days though he's been my pal and best bud. He's going to get the best I can give him right up until the very end. I've missed a few mighty smart Coyotes and walked away with a pretty high level of admiration of them... It's somewhat accepted that canines and us got together about 100 thousand years ago... If that's not enough time for a bunch of physiological stuff to happen and make us more connected or something I don't know what could. Take care and thank you for the nice welcome... all the best, Tortoise

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.