Hey there, from N. AZ...!

az.hunter

Jason here, from Northern AZ.

Been a member for a little while now, however, today I finally entered the drawing & thought I'd introduce myself...

Born & raised in Flagstaff, 37 years & hunting for 27 of them...

I was fortunate enough to make it to Africa this year and had a great safari w/my dad & my brother... personally took 7 animals (kudu, gemsbuck, zebra, blue wildabeest, warthog, impala & bushbuck)...

When I returned from Africa, I was able to help a buddy w/his Unit 9 archery bull tag and helped him tag out on a nice 320" class bull on the 2nd to the last day of the hunt... rough year, late rut & warm/dry..., fun hunt none-the-less...

I will be traveling to Kansas the 2nd week of Nov for the archery whitetail hunt w/K&K Outfitters... This is my 1st archery hunt w/them, but in 2004 I harvested a 160" buck w/my .270 @ 217 yds and last December (2008) I took a 180" buck @ 44yds w/my .300wsm... Great guys w/a great camp and awesome bucks.

And finally, in Jan, I will be heading south to Old Mexico for a coues hunt w/some buddies of mine... It will be my first time heading across the southern border and I am really looking forward to it. I haven't heard all of the details, but we are going to be hunting somewhere approximately 130 miles south of Benson (AZ) and will have the opportunity to hunt a few different ranches... I'm pretty sure I will be taking my Weatherby Vanguard .300wsm w/a 6.5-20x56 Leupold... Should be a great hunt & I'll keep you guys posted...

Great site...
JW

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.