Hey all first post!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Derek Davis, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Derek Davis

Derek Davis Member

Hey everyone I'm a new member from Potomac,MT. Been shooting for a long time and long range for the past year to two. Reload all my own ammo and shoot a few different rifles. My main gun was a Weatherby Vanguard in 300 win. mag that I've taken a lot of game with. Recently I've moved on to my next projects of a 338 Rum and a 300 Rum for my long range guns and an old FNH 243 win from my grandfather I want to start developing loads for. Glad to be a part of the community and I'm sure I'll be tossing load data questions out there and other questions to cure my curiosity!

2. Barrelnut

Barrelnut Well-Known Member

Welcome. We like stories too. So, if you ever feel like talking about that elk in your avatar, go right ahead!

Hand Skills and Derek Davis like this.
  3. Derek Davis

Derek Davis Member

Lol that one was a bowhunting kill in 2014. Believe it or not my first elk with a bow. He scores right at 350 I think it was 350 3/8 or something anywho... I was hunting with my dad and my younger brother and got sucked into a nasty creek bottom by another bull. We got a lucky break and had an afternoon shower fire them up and my dad called him to 16 yards in front of me and I smacked him.

Barrelnut and Hand Skills like this.
  4. Vortex!

Vortex! Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

Derek Davis likes this.
  5. Heavyiron

Heavyiron Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Welcome to Lrh. There is a vast pool of knowledge here. Best site on the internet

Derek Davis likes this.