Help restoring a RCBS Rock Chunker.

If you look at your first pic, looks to me like the clip is already off the very bottom link attaching to the ram. You do not need to remove all of them, just one, and pop out the pin. Then you can really clean things up.

Will that one bottom pin not budge?

The bottom pin is not held in by any retaining device. It seems once you get the tinnerman retaining clips off the three pivot pins on one side the linkage will lift off. The bottom pin has a thick inner diameter and thinner on the edges so it will not punch through but the size will prevent it from being removed.

If the threads are rusted, I have a tap you can borrow.
Thank you, I used a tap and it didn't clean the threads enough. I considered welding and cutting new threads however, if RCBS is sending a new handle that simplifies my process.

Attachments

• 50A93439-6BDF-4B75-B6E9-A64CD575C26B.jpeg
    50A93439-6BDF-4B75-B6E9-A64CD575C26B.jpeg
    711.4 KB · Views: 36
I have a RCBS Jr press that I received in a similar condition. I couldn't get the ram moving at first so I soaked in penetrating oil for a week. Then once it started to move I opted to slowly work it free while cleaning any debris off right away. I felt this was a better option then forcing it apart for a through cleaning. Finally I was able to get it apart and most of the rust was off from working it free. I think I just used Never dull to clean it up more and put it back together, too many years passed since cleaning it. I was surprised the ram wasn't pitted. My handle and linkage still has the "patina" finish, and it still makes great ammo. Hopefully yours will work great too!