Help!!! Need to Buy Bullet Proof Vest

TheReeper

Hey guys, I know this is off topic, however, I figured there would be some Law Enforcement Guys on here that would be able to tell me what is the best vest to buy. I was just hired to be a Parole Agent and I want a vest that will stop an AK-47-7.62 bullet or AR-15 .223cal bullet. The State will supply me with a vest, however, it will only stop up to a .44 cal handgun bullets. I will have to buy my own vest if I want a better one. I would like to know what vest I should get. Thanks guys

You can Google Galls police supply. They have a lot of vests and the people to help you pick out one that fits your needs.

Ok you will need rifle plates and this is one of the cases were the more $$$$$ you spend the happier you are going to be. You are going to want to deal with www.diamondbacktactical.com you will need to send them a copy of your ID to get the discount but beleive me its worth it!

The more $$$$$$ you spend in this case the lighter your plates are going to be and that matters A LOT!!!!

The other option is DRAGONSKIN but I donr know were you get it.

Also a little note it is hard to hide plates

Your gonna need a NIJ level III vest for the rifle rounds and those are by no means light or compact nor cheap. I assume that your gonna be wearing this on the outside when you attempt to make contact?

I have delt with a few "Bail Agents" before and each time it was to bail their butt out of trouble that that thought they could handel , that clown "Dog" has made this into some sort of glorified macho man job when the truth is , one day sombody is gonna wash his mouth out with a bullet and their ain't squat his peperspray is gonna do about it.

Check around and look for some good prices but a full vest that meets the Level III criteria is gonna be big.
You can get a smaller vest that most patrole officers wear which is a Level II-A and use the stronger level III or Level VI plates over the vitals.

In my oppinion you will be FAR better served with the lighter vest and doing more intel then take the subject by supprise rather than to just find them and try to take them at will , good tactics will win over brute force every time

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts