Help me pick a brake!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-Kt3DJSBnoSGtmbl9WMTdOcG8/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-Kt3DJSBnoVVRtRFE5SWkwb1U/view?usp=sharing

view

Haha. We have a wrench with a square cutout for a socket insert that goes into the torque wrench with the one on the tip you hold 12 o'clock and the bolt is what your torquing on. Basically get the mutha as tight as possible cause 70 inch lbs is hella hard to get to. Even to get to 45 inch lbs like that was hard. If I remember. But once it's on... good to go!

What is your procedure for cleaning them without removing out of curiosity?

Below are some of my MBs ... really not much to clean and the crown is very accessible, normally just use the same bore foam cleaner/solvent and lubricant and q-tip and brass brush if needed ...

0222151151_zps33b372ef.jpg

(Benchmark mini tactical brake)

P1000032_zps1d2ab1df.jpg

(JP Enterprsie Beenie Cooley compensator)

P9030113.jpg

(Custom MB similar to Holland's QD brake except side ports are larger)

P5170371-1.jpg

(Custom MB similar to Holland's QD brake except with 4-ports)

The Holland QD MB was my 1st MB ever in 2003 and still going strong.

I got some Frog Lube to try as it was recommended for my Eliteiron suppressor.

Y_zpspe9wg8xa.jpg

I'm seriously considering ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/TBhYE1IlVec?t=23[/ame]

Haha. We have a wrench with a square cutout for a socket insert that goes into the torque wrench with the one on the tip you hold 12 o'clock and the bolt is what your torquing on. Basically get the mutha as tight as possible cause 70 inch lbs is hella hard to get to. Even to get to 45 inch lbs like that was hard. If I remember. But once it's on... good to go!

guys use caution tightening things up . if those are the correct torque specs , 45 inch pounds is 3.75 foot pounds , 70 inch pounds is 5.8 foot pounds . this is very very light torque . a 15/16 wrench is probably over a foot long , the weight of the wrench alone would probably give that amount of torque .

Yeah, I get worried with stuff like this when you put an extension or something on to antorque wrench. I saw an equation one time that accounted for this and gave you true torque depending on what you have on the torque wrench. Citius7 has pretty much sold me on this brake after doing research all day about it. But I will **** a brick if I pinch or mess up a brand new proof barrel....I love doing things myself..actually in the process of hogging out a stock and bedding an action. But...I try to get as much info as possible to learn the right way or shouldn't say from others mistakes :) before I proceed with something. Lots of people have learned from me. Not because I'm smart, because I have made the mistakes and figures it out!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.