Help me choose

grinnergetter

Guys, here is my dilemma. A year ago I decided in need more than 10x for binos. The leica 10x15 Duovid seemed to fit the bill. Now, I have the cash to part with. After a trip to NF, I thought i needed a small spotter. Another moose trip is already in the works.

Now i want to keep it packable and that means less is more, at least to me.

Leica's new spotters are a tad bit lighter than the binos but i would have pack the tripod with either. The spotter has much more magnification though. Which way do I go? Grin

Well, I guess it comes down to what are you willing to live without and which one gives you a better chance for a successful hunt. It also depends upon your hunting style. If you sit in one place most of the day the spotting scope would be better. If you move around frequently during the day and just stop to glass then I would get the binoculars.

The hard part of giving another person advice is understanding what and how they hunt. That is why you need a strainer and deoderizer for the advice you get over the internet.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm new to LRH and want to but the right stuff rather than upgrade later. I think the spotter might be the better choice if i want to see groups at distance. I basically wanted to know if 15x would be enough.

Once again, thanks for the reply.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.