help me choose between 2 scopes

nathank

Hello everybody, I have narrowed my scope choice down to two options and would like some help deciding. The two choices are the super sniper 16x and the other choice is the falcon menace 6-18x56
I know they are quite different but those are what I have narrowed my search to.

Ss20x pros- price tag, lots of adjustment, more adjustment per revolution.

Cons- fixed mag, reticle choice?

Falcon pros- good reticle, mil reticle with mil adjustments, front focal plane.

Cons- not much adjustment per revolution.

I will be using this scope for long range shooting and long range hunting on big game such as elk moose bear and deer. More deer than anything.

Last edited:
I would suggest the Falcon. I have been doing similar research lately. I will not go with anything from SWFA as I have had an issue with them.

just my .02

this is an easy one for me ..........................

Having used the SS 16X for some serious long range shooting.

As it turned out, when push came to shove it was useless in dimming light. As in the afternoon when the mountain/hill side was in the shade.

The clicks were great, the reticle was great and it was over all great at high noon on the range. In the mountains during the best of shooting times it was useless.

I'm confident your 'other' choice will be better for you.

HTH

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.