Help me book a hunt

Bominiscious

I have a son who plays power five football (Go Hokies!) and has not been able to do any fall hunting the last couple years. We are a hunting family and spend most of our time in the white till woods in Southeast, predominantly in southern Appalachia. This past spring there was a small window in May between spring ball and summer practices where we could squeeze some sort of hunt in. I'm wondering if the best option would be to book a hog hunt somewhere but I've killed so many hogs free range but I've never thought about booking something. Just trying to think outside of the box and do a cool three day trip somewhere with my manchild. Any recommendations on a guide or outfitter would be helpful.

Last edited:
I have a son who plays power five football and has not been able to do any fall hunting the last couple years. We are a hunting family and spend most of our time in the white till woods in Southeast, predominantly in southern Appalachia. This past spring there was a small window in May between spring ball and summer practices where we could squeeze some sort of hunt in. I'm wondering if the best option would be to book a hog hunt somewhere but I've killed so many hogs free range but I've never thought about booking something. Just trying to think outside of the box and do a cool three day trip somewhere with my manchild. Any recommendations on a guide or outfitter would be helpful.
What is your budget and does it have to be a hog hunt?

What is your budget and does it have to be a hog hunt?
Doesn't have to be a hog hunt. I did think about a bear hunt out west but he will only have a week off and gotta spend a few of those days at home with mama.

I haven't set a budget because I just started thinking about this last night. Fresh idea. But I'd say $3-4k on the realistic end.

Is that even a feesible thing? Or do we need to bump that up?

Doesn't have to be a hog hunt. I did think about a bear hunt out west but he will only have a week off and gotta spend a few of those days at home with mama.

I haven't set a budget because I just started thinking about this last night. Fresh idea. But I'd say $3-4k on the realistic end.

Is that even a feesible thing? Or do we need to bump that up?
I would do an antelope hunt. The New Mexico season begins somewhere around the third week in august. Cost will be a bit higher than what you have listed, but you have a chance at getting a record book buck. If you're interested, I can send you the outfitter I use. Good luck.

I would do an antelope hunt. The New Mexico season begins somewhere around the third week in august. Cost will be a bit higher than what you have listed, but you have a chance at getting a record book buck. If you're interested, I can send you the outfitter I use. Good luck.
I would love to do this! Could you send me that info?

However, I won't be able to take my son because he only has a short window in May. NCAA allows fall football practices to begin on August 1. He will have a short window in January we could potentially do a trip then. Maybe for cow elk or something like that? My two time windows are a short one in January after the bowl games are played and a short one in early May after spring practices end

My recommendation would be for an exotics hunt in Texas. I went this past June, however, May would be fine. A good Axis deer hunt will probably run on your upper limit of $4000 each, but would be a new experience and a pretty relaxing time. I hunted with a bow over water holes, however, with a rifle it would definetely increase your success and provide you guys to hunt together in order to spend more time together during the hunt.

Good luck and enjoy your time with whatever you decide.

Steve

I would love to do this! Could you send me that info?

However, I won't be able to take my son because he only has a short window in May. NCAA allows fall football practices to begin on August 1. He will have a short window in January we could potentially do a trip then. Maybe for cow elk or something like that? My two time windows are a short one in January after the bowl games are played and a short one in early May after spring practices end
I have hunted with this outfitter many times for elk and antelope. Going again this summer and fall. He guides in both Arizona and New Mexico. You won't be disappointed. Mention my name and tell him to squeeze you in. Lol.

Arizona Pro Elk Hunts.
Keith Williams
928 242 0105.

Recent Posts